Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Revision Table

kevin_epperskevin_eppers Member Posts: 3 PRO
I couldn't find this topic directly, so I'm starting a new discussion about how to use revision tables in OnShape.  It seems that it is a manual process in which I must add a row and change cell links to retain previous revision notes.  First, is there any way the drawing would automatically add a line to the drawing Rev table when the Rev property is changed?  (improvement request implied)
Also I'd be interested if anybody with ISO13485 experience would suggest a best practice about the number or time period of which a revision history needs to be repeated on a drawing.  I believe that with previous drawings retained, each drawing needs only one revision line, but realistically I have found very convenient to know at least when and what the last 3 changes were.  
Tagged:

Comments