Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Graphic Card Performance

EricGauthierEricGauthier Member Posts: 73 ✭✭✭
edited September 2018 in General
Hi everyone,
Looking to buy a better graphic card, find below my actual performances (Chrome and Firefox) with a NVIDIA Quadro 5000.Most of the time I use Firefox because it manages RAM in better way than Chrome which was cpnstantly crashing with the large assemblies I deal with.
Any recommendation? Anybody working with a GeForce GTX 1080 Ti?

Comments

• EricGauthierEricGauthier Member Posts: 73 ✭✭✭
    On my brand new laptop with a GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, I get the following performances (Chrome) which are better by far:

• john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    edited September 2018
    Sorry, I'm not using the 1080ti, but I did buy a 1070 founders edition and returned it to the store because I was seeing the same performance from my old 980ti

looks like the 980ti is still doubling your 1050ti.. but I suppose that is because you are on a laptop.

Chrome

Firefox

Hum, interesting! I think I will investigate it when I have time and will let you know.
    It looks like there is a couple for models of GTX 980 Ti. Do you have a more specific model number for me?
  • christopher_graham586christopher_graham586 Member Posts: 47 ✭✭
    On my brand new laptop with a GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, I get the following performances (Chrome) which are better by far:

What type of laptop is this?
    Asus GL753V Republic of Gamers Strix 17"