Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Need help with sheet metal tab feature - will not generate in this part

center_impactcenter_impact Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
I use the tab feature every so often, I usually draw a sketch attached to a sheet metal part and then click the tab feature to turn that sketch into an extension of my sheet metal part. For some reason in my model im currently working on the tab will not generate and I dont know why 

If someone can help me understand what I am doing wrong i
 would greatly appreciate it

Best Answers

Answers

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
    Can you post the URL to your doc? 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
    I suspect it is due to the quality of the DXF data you are using. My suggestion would be to measure the DXF profiles and remodel the whole thing using true sketch geometry - it is simple enough to do this and will probably be quicker than trying to troubleshoot where the bad DXF edges are.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • center_impactcenter_impact Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
    But even if I simply try to sketch a vertical line on the thickness of the material and either extrude or move face it will not work and does not give me an error message (I think maybe there is an error message for the extrude, something to do with a sheet metal part)
    Yes Lena, thank you, how did you do that?
    Thank you so much!  :)