Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Call for Feature Script in Configuaration List

I have a part sudio consisting of several feature scripts/parts. I would likte to be able to swap some of the parts in my part studio, by changing the list input. Is it possible to call for different feature scripts in my config. table? 

Comments

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
    There are two ways that I can think of - someone more knowledgeable may have some more...

1) Use suppression in your tables - add all the parts to the part studio and suppress the ones you don't need.
    2) Have another featurescript which instances the the other scripts/ parts you need - this feature can then be configured.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • ida_franzén743ida_franzén743 Member Posts: 3 EDU
    Thanks Neil!
    Suppression works. I have a further question regarding swapping parts by using list input. 

I have a part studio consisting of two parts which I have grouped, I call this group 1. It is in this group I want to swap a specific part. I also have a bigger group consisting of five numbers of group 1, I call this group 2. Is there a way of making the swap of parts in group 1 also change group 2? I am now using the suppression option in group 1 that you suggested in your comment.
  • NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
    Not sure I understand - can you share the doc? it might be a very manual process with lots of table entries to get what you want.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI