Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Adding Project No. to Title Block

Austin_KeetAustin_Keet Member Posts: 6
Hello,
I want to get my title block's project number to reference the main project properties, so that I only have to input the project number once. I am wondering if this is possible?
Alternatively is it possible to input the project number once and have it update to the same project number for every part and assembly?

Comments

• john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    edited December 2018
    What I do is put the Project number in the Drawing Tab Properties, then all the sub sheets will update at once.

And you can always update multiple part properties at once by shift or ctrl selecting all your parts and entering the information once.

• michael3424michael3424 Member Posts: 674 ✭✭✭✭

... by shit or ctrl selecting all your parts ...

That probably belongs in the Traditional CAD Sucks thread, no?

... by shit or ctrl selecting all your parts ...

That probably belongs in the Traditional CAD Sucks thread, no?
    Oops
  • Stefan_DMSStefan_DMS Member Posts: 48 PRO
    We currently have a project feature, it is used as a controllable folder, ideal for using group sharing rights. but maybe there is a way to pull add a "project property" into a drawing? Currently, there isn't a project number property yet, only a name and description. You would also need to be careful as documents can be moved to and from a project to other project or folders. would you want a drawing to keep its project number, or change if it is moved between projects?
    as far as I know, there is no way to determine what folder a document is located in on a part property level.

As far as additional properties, you will need to set up a company and add your custom properties that way.
  • Austin_KeetAustin_Keet Member Posts: 6
    @john_mcclary
    I didn't realize you could shift/ctrl click multiple parts or assemblies, I will just use it like that, thanks!

@Stefan_DMS
    Ideally I would want it to keep it's project number if it is moved, so i will just have to keep an eye on it if it is moved, but it is not often I have to move a drawing to another document at least, thanks for the heads up