Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Section view in Android not HATCHED!!! (and NO RED clashes)

AQVAcaldaAQVAcalda Member Posts: 8 PRO
Hello,

This issue I'm experiencing affects On-Shape for Android, regardless the device.
[I verified the problem persists in Huawei P9 as well as in a Samsung Tablet]

After selecting a plan for performing a Section View, in the section view, the section plan of the object is TRANSPARENT [!!] and not HATCHED!!!
Of course also RED clash are not marked!

(In other worlds the section lets you see the interior of the object as it was a surface and not a solid, see pic below)

This makes the use of OnShape for Android useless for analysis! 

Any help?!?

Best Answer

• AQVAcaldaAQVAcalda Member Posts: 8 PRO
    Answer ✓
    Please create an idea for hatching in section view in android in the Improvement requests category.
    MBartlett21, I can't believe nobody experienced this issue with Android and therefore that it was not investigated before!! 

This is so obviously useless to have sections in android not hatched, that believes as surfaces instead of solids!

I really hope there is some feature or setting I'm missing that other people discovered and can help!

Opening and "improvement" ticket for such a obvious matter (which I deem more a malfunction) does not make sense to me... 

Hope someone can turn out with a solution (existing).

Answers

• MBartlett21MBartlett21 Member, OS Professional, Developers Posts: 2,034 EDU
    Please create an idea for hatching in section view in android in the Improvement requests category.
    mb - draftsman - also FS author: View FeatureScripts
    IR for AS/NZS 1100
    Answer ✓
    MBartlett21, I can't believe nobody experienced this issue with Android and therefore that it was not investigated before!! 

This is so obviously useless to have sections in android not hatched, that believes as surfaces instead of solids!

I really hope there is some feature or setting I'm missing that other people discovered and can help!

Opening and "improvement" ticket for such a obvious matter (which I deem more a malfunction) does not make sense to me... 

Hope someone can turn out with a solution (existing).

?
  • Paul_J_PremakumarPaul_J_Premakumar Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 197
    @AQVAcalda ,

This is a bug we have seen on certain platforms. Can you please create a support ticket and provide information about your device? Devices we have seen this on, do not have support for certain graphics capabilities needed to render the hatch. We don't have workarounds as of now.