Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
- Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
- Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
- Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
- Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.
- Last Active
- Member, Onshape Employees
Hi Paul, you replied to a thread about the problem of having a black background screen (see below)
Thank you for posting the results of the check page. From what I can see it does not look like Chrome is using your graphics processor. The GL renderer says "Google SwiftShader", this is a software renderer. If you have a graphics card I would expect to see it's name. For example something like AMD / NVidia or Intel. The issue you are seeing could be a bug with Google SwiftShader. Furthermore the rendering performance is low as well.
You may want to ensure Chrome is able to correctly use your graphics card.
I am trying to use OnShape with students in my school and the school is slowly becoming only thin clients. I get a black background on the older thin clients and the newer ones (sorry, cannot be specific at this time) in Chrome and when using MS Edge. Is there anything I can ask our network managers to check that would give you enough details to work out what is going wrong?