Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Problems with DXF Export

daniel_shookowskydaniel_shookowsky Member Posts: 11
This has burned me a couple of times and I'm wondering if there's a correct way to create parts or sketches to avoid the issue.  When I export a part as DXF - usually if it contains mirrored elements, the resulting sketch doesn't appear correctly in other tools (e.g. LaserWeb).  The kids on the robotics team designed this part - https://cad.onshape.com/documents/097b8a4e3ab7b4b4cbf3b6d6/v/5d728359b2c39a3dedebb63a/e/5b999b5f01d2fc950455dfca and we were going to cut it on the laser, but when I opened up the Bogie export, the right hole was in the wrong location, off the part.  I tried the same file in Inkscape (appeared correctly) and FreeCAD (same error).

Tagged:

Comments

• PeteYodisPeteYodis Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 517
    @daniel_shookowsky On the export dialog, try checking off the option to "Set z-height to zero and normals to positive"  

• daniel_shookowskydaniel_shookowsky Member Posts: 11
    That did the trick!  Thank you much.
  • corey_cassellcorey_cassell Member Posts: 1
    We are having a similar issue - again with robotics parts.  Exporting a DXF results in a corrupt file when imported into the CAM utility (OpenBuilds CAMGcode Generator) The original part:
    Ends up looking like this: