Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Mesh Point, Selection

famadorianfamadorian Member Posts: 390 ✭✭✭
I've imported a mesh and I want to select a point. Normally, I have no problems selecting the points I want, but sometimes there are points which just can't be selected

Like here, I'm able to select the upper point, but the lower point I'm not able to click on. 

Any pointers as to what I can try or why it doesn't work?;)

Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    MBartlett21MBartlett21 Member, OS Professional, Developers Posts: 2,034 EDU
    Can you try using select other (`)
    mb - draftsman - also FS author: View FeatureScripts
    IR for AS/NZS 1100
  • Options
    owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    edited February 2019
    Either that or there's something in the way, sketch, plane etc.  I'd hide everything except the mesh and then start selecting points.
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd
  • Options
    Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team
  • Options
    Either that or there's something in the way, sketch, plane etc.  I'd hide everything except the mesh and then start selecting points.
    Here's a video. 

It looks like the other points I'm trying to select are "behind" a polygon, but shouldn't I be able to select the intersection between a line and a polygon?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19TOtDg7vW638o95jE46KF3Yiwjqany2L/view?usp=sharing
  • Options
    eeeeek! you have 1 part, 6 surfaces and 1574 separate meshes there.  I'm not surprised something is blocking something else.

O.S.
    HWM-Water Ltd
  • Options
    eeeeek! you have 1 part, 6 surfaces and 1574 separate meshes there.  I'm not surprised something is blocking something else.

O.S.
    1574 separate meshes? I imported this OBJ file and it's one single mesh?
  • Options
    Look at your file in the place I've indicated below:-

O.S.
    HWM-Water Ltd