Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Is There a Way To Set Distance Between Features With Curve Pattern?

larry_haweslarry_hawes Member Posts: 478 PRO
I see where the number of instances can be set but not distance between. nor an end point nor any other truly useful feature. Must be missing something...

Best Answers

• larry_haweslarry_hawes Member Posts: 478 PRO
    Answer ✓
    AH HA!! Never used a FS before and after adding it to the tool bar I see it behaves like any other feature dbx. Thanks VERY much for the help...

It appears as though deleting the original gets me the spacing I'm looking for and regenerates properly.

Answers

• konstantin_shiriazdanovkonstantin_shiriazdanov Member Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    there is Curve pattern normal feature which has an option for specifying distance and several more options which are not provided by built in curve pattern
    Thank you Konstantin. I do not think I understand what a FS is or how to read the pages of code that is within a FS. I can see the model you produced and the array of features that is included but let's say a user who did not understand FS code wanted to simply specify a distance of 2" between a curve pattern with 3 instances of a feature, like a hole?

Is there a field one can fill out for such a simple task? Like number of instances and distance between?

Or maybe a better question might be why is this feature included in OS if those parameters aren't included? Of what possible use could it be without being able to specify distance between features?
    Answer ✓
    AH HA!! Never used a FS before and after adding it to the tool bar I see it behaves like any other feature dbx. Thanks VERY much for the help...

It appears as though deleting the original gets me the spacing I'm looking for and regenerates properly.
  • konstantin_shiriazdanovkonstantin_shiriazdanov Member Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you never used FS you missed a plenty of usefull things which exist in OS. Morgan Bartlett has a collection of known public features which you can find by the link: https://featurescripts.bubbleapps.io/