Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Fillet through all

glib_kotelnytskyyglib_kotelnytskyy Member Posts: 23
edited February 2019 in Community Support
I have a table  https://cad.onshape.com/documents/d00ceaba15e3ae5795e20cc8/w/548a53c2a46fec17f8000f18/e/5b289bdfe74c787a08ec07e3
That I'm feeding to SimScale for modelling.
SimScale meshing fales because of small protruding parts https://www.simscale.com/forum/t/surface-mesh-generation-fails/84113/6?u=gkotelnytskyy

I need to round the edges, but "fillet" feature fails to generate - probably because of nearby edges.

Is there a featurescript or other way to smoothen all edges?

Answers

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,308
    I think the advice in the simscale forum is good. How accurate does the simulation need to be and what are the small faces for (do they really affect the simulation)? If you need absolute fidelity (simulation is all about approximations anyway) you could try SimSolid (no mesh).
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • glib_kotelnytskyyglib_kotelnytskyy Member Posts: 23
    The small faces do not affect the simulation, they come up because the faces of my sheet are not perpendicular.
    I would like to know how to remove them in "post-processing" for modelling with least effort
  • NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,308
    Try Delete Face and Move Face
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • glib_kotelnytskyyglib_kotelnytskyy Member Posts: 23
    Delete face fails: