Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Collaboration fantastic!

3dexter3dexter Member Posts: 89 ✭✭✭
I would like to see a fantastic collaboration like that in Onshape in the near future!

https://youtu.be/kiws3S5uko0

Comments

• lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    edited May 2015
    Have you had a collaboration session with anyone yet in Onshape?  Have you used FollowMe mode?  There is a number of things that we will add to improve our collaboration cues as we go.  Good to see more companies addressing these needs.  The big difference is collaboration can be done by all participants.  Markup and other chat tools will improve this as well.  Thanks for posting this..
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • moengineeringmoengineering Member Posts: 23
    edited May 2015
    Hello @3Dexter,

this is still possible with Onshape...

Have a look at the latest Webinar at 37:06.

best regards
    martin
  • onshaperonshaper Member, Mentor Posts: 94 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Didn't know about FollowMe! It is different than what was shown in the original post, though. Its also pretty darn slow. Original post is more like Google Documents, where two people are editing the same document at the same time, seamlessly, fluidly, quickly, adjectively.
  • ilya_baranilya_baran Onshape Employees, Developers, HDM Posts: 1,173
    @Onshaper could you please elaborate on what you mean by FollowMe being slow?  Was there lag in the camera rotation/cursor motion or was there something else?  If it wasn't just temporary connection trouble, could you please file a feedback request so we can investigate the performance issue?  Thanks!
    Ilya Baran \ VP, Architecture and FeatureScript \ Onshape Inc
  • john_mceleneyjohn_mceleney Onshape Employees Posts: 57
    @onshaper I think what you are seeing is the delay associated with GoTo Meeting. I just watched the video and agree that is looks slow, but that's the video feed. Try follow me and let me know what you think about the responsiveness
  • andrew_troupandrew_troup Member, Mentor Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @onshaper: you can open two concurrent sessions of Onshape side-by-side to evaluate "FollowMe"  - bearing in mind that the information being shared is round-tripping via the www, it seems to me quite a realistic simulation.