Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Onshape Users in Houston Texas

Are there any Onshape Users in the Houston Texas area that would like to help a group of students competing in the FIRST Robotics Competition? We currently do not have an experienced CAD mentor. The team is located in zip code 77024, near the intersection of I10 and West Loop 610.Thanks in advance

Answers

• justin_36justin_36 Member Posts: 23 EDU
    Aloha-

I haven't checked the forums in a while, so didn't see this till now. I'm sure it might be too late for this FRC season, but my team (2090 in Honolulu) has been Onshape-ing since Stronghold. We have many students who are solid in their CAD skills.

Let me know if you have any questions. Happy to connect in the off-season too.

-Justin

Team mentor
  • iron_plaid_mentoriron_plaid_mentor Member Posts: 3
    Hi Justin

Thanks for reaching out.

I was asking more to prepare the students for the 2020 season.

Just this past weekend, I ran into 359, 2438 and 2444 at CPR.

Best of luck at the Hawaii Regional. Hopefully we will be able to meet you in Houston in April.

Phil

• mbattistellombattistello Member, Developers Posts: 51 ✭✭
    Im located in Houston and would be interested in helping you out. I have a background in mechanical engineering and CAD. I live out in Katy and work on west side of town near BW 8 and 290 intersection. Let me know how to reach you and I can connect offline with you. 
  • iron_plaid_mentoriron_plaid_mentor Member Posts: 3
    Hi Mr. Battistello

Sorry for not replying earlier. We were at one of our competitions this past weekend.

My email is phil_ws_so at yahoo dot com.

Thanks.

Phil So