Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Failed to retrieve metadata for selected items

Going back to a pre-existing Assembly and GA drawing I found the GA with an incomplete BOM, and several callout balloons in distress.
Checking the assembly, at the top of the page "Failed to retrieve metadata for selected items"
The item are in the design tree, are not in the BOM.
as I said initially they worked correctly and have a saved PDF indicating this.
Any suggestions? I have registered a service issue.

when searching the forum, I can't see any previous discussion on the topic.

Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    john_rousseaujohn_rousseau Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 358
    Hi @engineering_deltap. Opening up a service issue (or support ticket) is exactly the right thing to do. Our support team will be in contact soon if they haven't been already.

John Rousseau / VP, Technical Operations / Onshape Inc.
  • Options
    john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,897 PRO
    edited April 2019
    I had a similar problem today too while trying to edit a cell in the BOM, the last 2 parts I inserted a minute previous disappeared from the BOM. but it cleared up when I toggled the assembly configuration checkbox true/false/true 

I didn't report because there was nothing left for support to "see" :(

FYI
    the two parts had a configured suppression state controlled by the config checkbox that was "unsuppressed" at the time.
    When the loading circle stopped I got the error and the parts disappeared from the BOM
  • Options
    engineering_deltapengineering_deltap Member Posts: 13 PRO
    Hi all,
    For the record, it was quickly addressed by support. Thanks @TimRice.

The parts had been excluded from the BOM,