Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Importing assembly components

4DeltaEDU4DeltaEDU OS Professional Posts: 15 PRO
I need to create an assembly using standard components from various documents. How can I import my existing documents into a new document assembly?

Answers

• Options
    brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    You can RMB on the tab and do a copy to clipboard, the paste tab into new doc.

Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • Options
    4DeltaEDU4DeltaEDU OS Professional Posts: 15 PRO
    Tested and working. Thanks a bunch Bruce!!
  • Options
    philip_thomasphilip_thomas Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,381
    @george_papageorgiou
    Bruce is right - and if you are interested in more information, there is an entire thread examining this workflow as well as a number of others to work with standard parts. New workflows will become available over time :)
    Philip Thomas - Onshape
  • Options
    marc_koeppelmarc_koeppel Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2015
    Very helpful.  For new users this isn't intuitive.  This should be front and center on Assembly tutorials.