Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Show Constraints

famadorianfamadorian Member Posts: 390 ✭✭✭
I'm not sure I understand what's happening here

The point vertical constraints highlighted ligths up other points, aswell as lines

Why doesn't it just highlight other points?

Also, these other points,  why don't they show constraints?

Tagged:

Answers

• john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    Because that point belongs to that line, if you had 2 or three lines all attached to the same point, and you want to free up one line. Then that would help you choose the correct constraint to delete
  • famadorianfamadorian Member Posts: 390 ✭✭✭
    ok, but why doesn't it show the same constraint symbol attached to the other object?

• MBartlett21MBartlett21 Member, OS Professional, Developers Posts: 2,034 EDU
    @famadorian
    It doesn't show the constraint symbol on the other point because it is already showing it on the original point.
    If you don't have constraints showing and hover over the point, it will show the vertical constraint
    mb - draftsman - also FS author: View FeatureScripts
    IR for AS/NZS 1100
  • famadorianfamadorian Member Posts: 390 ✭✭✭
    What if the original point is far away from this point. You would be inclined to think that no constraints were attached to this point? 
  • john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    edited May 2019
    It's not perfect, i still end up deleting the wrong one most of the time. I was used to it becase solidworks was the same way.  But maybe there is a better way? Any ideas for an improvment request?