Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
- Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
- Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
- Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
- Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.
Improvements to Onshape - October 8, 2014
lougallo Member, Administrator, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,711
edited October 2014 in New in Onshape
Updates to Onshape were pushed this week to address a number of stabilization and performance improvements. Here are some of the highlights:
- Optimization of large assembly load speeds. As a reference we have a number of tests we run in order to measure performance improvements. These updates improved overall loading ~ 12% on initial load but ~ 53% on subsequent loading. Performance improvement is a constant focus for us.
- The help menu has been expanded to include a number of direct links to videos, forums and tutorials.
- The ENTER key will now accept the current command, closing the dialog and SHIFT+ENTER will accept and repeat the current command. Hint: watch the keyboard to see which keys are being hit in the animation.
- Plane display was improved, making it easier to see the borders against the graphics background.
- The "Use" command has been updated to explain it's functionality of converting/projecting selections into the existing sketch.
- Since launch, undo and redo were always CTRL+Z or CTRL+Y on any system, including Mac. Now you can use CMD+Z and CMD+Y to undo and redo respectively in Onshape. (this was one I missed last update)
- When extruding two tangent sketch circles, a seam will no longer be created on the face of the resultant cylinder.
- Tabs that include uploaded files can also now be updated with the same file type. You can right click on the tab and select "Update" to select a new file to replace that content with. Here is the process in action:
- Feature/sketch rename on create is now an option. When you create a new sketch or feature, you can click the pencil icon next to the name and edit the name on create.
Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.