Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

How to scale up or down a sketch'

andy_mankoandy_manko Member Posts: 9
Trying to take photos / PDFs and sketch them, then scale up or down to the size I want.  Is there an easy way to do this once the sketch is done?  For example, change the length of one dimension and have all the other dimensions change so all other aspects are the same.

Answers

• john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    You can scale a sketch by having only  1 dimension. That one dimension drives the scale. As soon as you add a second dim it will begin changing only the geometry affected by that dim.

If you have a small sketch, i would delete the dims except 1. Enter the finial size in that dim. Them add the rest of your dims back in.

If you have a large scketch, i would continue extruding or whatever, once you have a 3d part, use transform->scale on the part instead.