Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

What is the reason for restricting uploading of files to forum posts?

StephenGStephenG Member Posts: 367 ✭✭✭
I recently attempted to post a comment and upload a couple of files to a relatively old Discussion posting I authored: "ZOOM TO FIT" IMPROVEMENT, started back in March 2017.

I can still post comments, but have lost the ability to upload files along with the post.

I get the following message: "You are not allowed to upload files in this category."

Best Answer

Answers

• john_rousseaujohn_rousseau Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 353
    I think it's just broken. I was running into the same problem earlier today. We are working with our forum partner to get this resolved.
    John Rousseau / VP, Technical Operations / Onshape Inc.
  • StephenGStephenG Member Posts: 367 ✭✭✭
    This is a file upload/attach test to see if problem has been fixed...
    Looks like it has.
    lougallo 
    Still unable to attach files. Still get the same message: 
    "You are not allowed to upload files in this category."
    Problem appears to be specific to the post ("
    ZOOM TO FIT" IMPROVEMENT, started in March 2017).
  • Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    edited June 2019
    @StephenG @lougallo

It may be specific to that category as the message suggests.  That one is in "product feedback" and this one is in "community support".
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team