Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

spaceframe

john_stauntonjohn_staunton Member Posts: 2
Hello. I am new to Onshape. I have used autocad 2D yrs ago. I cannot seem to find a newby guide to draw a spaceframe in 3D. I have looked on youtube but very little 

Thanks John

Answers

• Options
    john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,898 PRO
    edited June 2019
    There arn't any 3d sketches in Onshape yet, yu will need to create a new sketch on the correct plane each time.

Thankfully this gets easier with the sketch allowing on the fly mate connectors.

But you may be better off drawing the small handful of struts indedendently, then using an assembly with patterns to fill it in.

Anything after that can be handled with in-context part studios to preserve part relationships.

If any of this sounds greek to you, let us know. We can walk you through these concepts.
  • Options
    TimRiceTimRice Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 315
    Tim Rice | User Experience | Support 
    Onshape, Inc.
  • Options
    john_stauntonjohn_staunton Member Posts: 2
    Thanks. I am away for the weekend racing and I will have a go early in the week. Some does sound Greek, but I'll have a go and see what happens. There may be more questions.

John