Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Wheel Rim self tutorial project problems

a_kadisha_kadish Member Posts: 4
I am having 2 problems with this damn wheel
1. I can't get the spoke to mirror toward the back of the wheel rim.  I have tried reorienting the arrow but it still only propogates forward of the midline.(step 10)
2. The fillet keeps adding in the "cross section" as circular, but in the example there is no cross section tab.  Is there a way to eliminate the cross section tab? (step 11)
3. I can't get the extrude to remove the center area of the rim for the tire in step 19.
Any help is appreciated since Onshape doesn't help anyone with a free platform (they used to).  I get it, but it is frustrating trying to solve these problems by myself and with community help.

Answers

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,372
    Hi @a_kadish - please post the URL to your doc here (the long string at the top of the browser, starting with https://cad.onshape.com).

For #2, the lesson is older than when "Cross section" was added - leave it as circular. We can answer #1 and #3 when we see your doc.

I'm not sure why you think Onshape doesn't help anybody on the free plan? Hopefully, you'll find plenty of free users who would disagree.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    michael3424michael3424 Member Posts: 676 ✭✭✭✭
    I've had awesome support here on my free account, often on weekends and within an hour or two of posting, so I'd definitely disagree with the OPs concluding statement.  To my view Onshape support is outstanding.
  • Options
    todd_bettenhausentodd_bettenhausen Member Posts: 8
    I can't get the mass to come out exactly right. Close, but not exact... I started over and had the same issue. I'm sure I've missed a detail somewhere.