Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Sketching

geoff_fairburngeoff_fairburn Member Posts: 2
Hi,

I'm trying to select two end points and make them symmetric about a horizontal construction line. However Onshape seems to select the lines rather than the end points and I don't get the expected output. I'm completing the "Multi Part Studios" self paced course / "02 Multi-Part Sketching Techniques" exercise.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Geoff

Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    larry_haweslarry_hawes Member Posts: 478 PRO
    edited July 2019
    Are you in a sketch? Can't think of any single simpler task so there must be something missing in your description.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_AmPXnkgOA
  • Options
    geoff_fairburngeoff_fairburn Member Posts: 2
    Hi Larry,

Just a beginner ;) Still seems to me that Onshape is selecting the line but I'm getting the desired output now, so I'll just keep moving forward.

Thanks

Geoff

• Options
    larry_haweslarry_hawes Member Posts: 478 PRO
    Pretty new to Onshape as well and am curious as to what you are seeing that's different than the vid I posted which is intended to show OS selecting each point and not the whole line? The entire line can be selected but it has to be specifically selected me thinks...