Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Can't select anything but the Origin.

Hi, I am new to Onshape, I have Solidworks experience but it has been a few years since I have worked with it. I think I have forgotten more than I seem to remember. I am making a very simple ball socket but can't create a profile for the Helix because I can't seem to select anything except the Origin when any sketch tool is selected. I can select everything just fine when I don't have a sketch tool selected. I know it is probably something simple I am forgetting but can't figure out what it is. Any help in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. The part is public and called "Socket test" 

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/887c70703e22b477d68872fe/w/517735809fc2749884183e3a/e/8526746f01370a685e11475a

P.S. This is re-posted from the Discussion section where I accidentally posted it first but can't seem to delete it.
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    damon_rowandamon_rowan Member Posts: 4
    I had though about projecting it but when I started searching for why I was hung up nobody else had to project onto the sketch. They either just selected the end point of the helix or just "eyed" it in the correct place. I assume something was different about the way they set up and built there parts to begin with. I'm starting to remember how good setup practices make it easier later in the build. Thank you for the help.