Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

CoG Large/Complex Model

simon_ben_bakersimon_ben_baker Member Posts: 3
I need the CoG for a large/complex model I have but when I click "Mass Properties" I eventually get a "not responsive" message where I click "wait", but after a while I get a "Something went wrong while displaying this page" ("Aw, Snap"). Has anyone an idea how I over come this, cheers Simon

Comments

• alnisalnis Member, Developers Posts: 447 EDU
    Are you selecting the parts/assemblies for which to measure Mass Properties by box selecting in the viewport or by shift selecting in the list on the left side? I have found that while box selection (click drag) can be very slow/fail for big models, shift selecting is always snappy. If that fails, you might want to try a different browser. I am guessing you are using Chrome, and in my experience, very heavy models seem to work better in Firefox (on Windows) and Opera (on Linux).
    Student at University of Washington | Get in touch: contact@alnis.dev | My personal site: https://alnis.dev | Currently an Onshape intern: asmidchens@onshape.com
  • john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    edited September 2019
    I agree, selecting from the tree is usually better when you want to select the part body as a whole. Rather than all of the faces and edges and bodies all at once, which is the result of window select