Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Default offset & fillet dimensions

josh_deetzjosh_deetz OS Professional Posts: 4 PRO
I often try to do an offset, and get the message "Offset cannot be created at this distance". But the problem is I cannot get to the point where I can actually change the dimension because the default dimension is unresolvable, so I cannot 'place' the offset and change the dimension. (Doing a reverse offset and then changing the dimension to be negative sometimes flips it back, but sometimes it cannot resolve either direction.)

Fillet in sketches has the same issue. I have a 1x1 cube, add a fillet, but it defaults to 5, so it cannot solve. 

Is there a way to change the default values, or a way to change the dimension before 'placing' the offset or fillet? I've tried everything, to no avail.

Best Answer

• 3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    edited October 2019 Answer ✓
    Grab the handle and drag the fillet into possible range, then add exact value.

Default values cannot be edited at the moment.
    //rami

Answers

edited October 2019 Answer ✓
    Grab the handle and drag the fillet into possible range, then add exact value.

Default values cannot be edited at the moment.
    //rami
  • josh_deetzjosh_deetz OS Professional Posts: 4 PRO
    Thank you very much! I have clicked that handle hundreds of times, never thought to click and drag. 
    Same happened to me few years back =)
    //rami
  • owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    3dcad said:
    Same happened to me few years back =)
    #Metoo
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd
  • Terry_ThomTerry_Thom Member Posts: 2 PRO
    How do you change direction of offset after accepting it?  tried a negative number and nothing

• bruce_williamsbruce_williams Member, Developers Posts: 842 PRO
    @Terry_Thom

works to change dimension to negative for me

www.accuratepattern.com