Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Jump to Drawing from Part Studio

BMcGaffeyBMcGaffey Member Posts: 29 ✭✭
I am trying to figure out if there is a way to jump to a part drawing from the part studio or assembly. 

We keep all of our document drawings in a separate sub-folder, to keep things tidy. Does anyone know if it is possible to jump to a parts drawing instantly, or is the only way to get to it to go through the tab manager? 

Ideally, I would want to right click the part, and have an option to "go to drawing" or something along those lines. I am just wondering if there is already something like that and I just cant find it. 

Any help is appreciated, cheers. 

Answers

• Options
    fnxf_scewofnxf_scewo Member Posts: 12 PRO
    We do the same thing of keeping drawings in a folder, and I would also want to know if there is a way to find the drawing easily.
    AFAIK it's not possible (yet, right? :wink: ), and you have to manually search for the corresponding drawing.
  • Options
    john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,896 PRO
    Sounds like you need some "Where Used" tools
    Maybe if you make an IR I'd vote it up