Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Sketch could not be solved.

john_lombardojohn_lombardo Member Posts: 20 EDU
Sketch (Outline)  could not be solved and did not regenerate properly.

There are problems with other sketches but fixing Outline might help them also (maybe.)

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/e914ccef58bb77ae389eb54a/w/ed77bdb8b82c349928e441d6/e/06f773065cb89eb58aad139a

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    Looks like you've got dimensions fighting each other.  Eg on the left edge you have a dimension, and on the right side you have 3 dimensions making up the same edge but the maths is off.

Here:- clicky I've changed two of the dimensions to "Driven" meaning they're just measuring the result, not forcing the sketch to be a dimension it can't be.

A general rule of thumb is if you have anything red then stop and fix that before digging a deeper hole with downstream features.  Some of the other failed features are a bit more helpful in the error reporting, you'll see stuff like "missing part" in the merge scope for example.
    Hope that helps, shout if it doesn't.
    Owen.

Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd
  • Options
    john_lombardojohn_lombardo Member Posts: 20 EDU
    Thank you, that works. Useful to know what "driven" means.
    Now the drawing is not all black. What's the best approach for that?
  • Options
    audria_alamaudria_alam Member Posts: 2
    For my sketch it says it cant be solved and also I cant edit anything