Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Modeling curves

I want to model spark plug cables from the distributor cap of a mechanically timed electrical ignition system (Delco type) to their fixation points. In my specific application, all cables have the same length, and they shall be perpendicular to a defined plane at each entry point. How can this be modeled? Thanks.

Answers

• robert_scott_jr_robert_scott_jr_ Member Posts: 300 ✭✭✭
    Hello Jean Daniel. Would https://www.onshape.com/cad-blog/onshape-custom-feature-spotlight-wiring be of any use to you? - Scotty
  • jean_daniel_lebonjean_daniel_lebon Member Posts: 2 PRO
    Hi Scott, yes I saw this, it is interesting and would have served my purpose.
    However, I have one additional constraint. As I have mentioned, all cables shall have the same length from their starting points to the endpoints. With the method that you mentioned, the cable length is a result of the modeling process.
    I have 19 cables (all starting on the same vertical line at a certain spacing) to connect to 19 points distributed on 5 vertical lines (all endpoints being in the same vertical plane).
    I will make a sketch to make it clearer and will send it. Thanks.