Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Model magically broken

tony_459tony_459 Member Posts: 206 ✭✭✭
I spent the last four days painstakingly updating a part studio. This morning, everything was finally done. I pieced the parts together in a subassembly and left.

Now, everything is broken. There are scores of broken (red) features, none of which were there when I left the model. I haven't touched anything in this part studio until a minute ago.

I am looking at the correct version. All broken. Can someone explain how this can happen?

Comments

• tony_459tony_459 Member Posts: 206 ✭✭✭
    Tried reverting to an earlier version. Nothing. Still broken. Last night, all good. Today, all gone. Poof. Without input on my part.

• lanalana Onshape Employees Posts: 689
    @tony_soares459
     Please file a bug and share the model with support. 

Four days ago, done no problem. Today, can't be done. Out of the blue. No change on my part. Just poof. Broken. Along with hundreds of features downstream that depended on this working as it did when I first added that feature. 

I feel like the point of versioning is that you get to recover what you know was a stable state if you run into trouble.

Well, trouble here. Wondering what happened to my earlier stable versions to make them all broken.
  • NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
    have you logged a support ticket? That’s the only way to get this resolved. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
    I have. The model seems fine now... I was about to call it quits on what's been weeks of work! Whew. Anyway, thanks :D