Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Moving a drawing sheet

nick_coppinsnick_coppins Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
I have a bunch of part drawings created as individual drawings. 

Is there any way to move these into a multi-sheet drawing? 

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• mthiesmeyermthiesmeyer Onshape Employees Posts: 115
    Hi Nick,

We do not yet have this capability in drawings and I do not see an improvement request for it. If you would like to see it please create an improvement request to the right ->

Thank you,

Mike
  • Eleanor_CoffinEleanor_Coffin Member Posts: 43 ✭✭
    I've just run into this same issue as well -- would love to see this capability.
  • Jordan_HarrisonJordan_Harrison Member Posts: 2 PRO
    +1 for merging single sheet drawings into a larger multi-sheet drawing. Could be a timesaver for our work.
  • Skyler_CutsforthSkyler_Cutsforth Member Posts: 1 PRO
    I have been needing this improvement for quite some time, would be very nice and save time, which is saving money lol. Very valuable fix to drawings in my opinion. Even with the many improvements that could be made in onshape drawings, this one ranks pretty high for me.

So I would be another add to the improvement request count..
    @pete_yodis Have they considered this improvement request or begun a fix? Much appreciated!
  • PeteYodisPeteYodis Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 516
    We have moving or copying sheets from one drawing to another as a logged improvement.  It requires some reference handling questions the user would need to address... do you want the references copied, moved, or referenced.  It's on our list to do.  
  • Axel_KollmenterAxel_Kollmenter Member Posts: 410 PRO
    I haven´t needed it yet but it would be great if it is possible! +1
    Best regards,

Axel Kollmenter
  • Wout_TheelenWout_Theelen Member Posts: 8
    I ran into this problem as well. I think moving the references would be the most reasonable choice. Just simply something simple like cut and pasting the single sheet drawings into a multisheet drawing. That would be enough for me for right now. If possible though having the option to generate a drawing into the multisheet drawing via the "create drawing of" option would also be great.
  • tim_sprieltim_spriel Member Posts: 1 PRO
    Any update on this? would be great!
  • fyorgefyorge Member Posts: 17 PRO
    I just ran into this issue in a big way.  This has apparently been around for over half a decade as a request, and has been repeatedly requested here by many users.  Is there any update on the possibility of doing this?

I have found that I can copy and paste the contents of a sheet into a new sheet in another drawing, and usually there are only a few things that need to be tweaked.  So, it doesn't seem like there is any huge technical issue preventing this from being able to be done, or at least it is not obvious from the front end.  It would be nice to at least have some information shared about the status of this as a possibility for the future.
  • kevin_thorpkevin_thorp Member Posts: 7 EDU
    I've run into this problem as well. Would love to see a solution.
  • JeanLJeanL Member Posts: 2
    I'd also love to be able to combine several drawing sheets under one !!!  Thank you,  Jean Lafortune