Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

unable to use "Named View" that is sectioned in my drawing

nicholas_withamnicholas_witham Member Posts: 13
In this document
https://cad.onshape.com/documents/1d0adc94f0192fbb520130ba/w/80d0543ae61c2d6d8e387578/e/e1808b7c691e50d344218f03
In my sub-assembly "Carrying Frame_1" I have a named view "Gridmesh Plan (Section)"
I also have a couple other named views.

When I try to use the "Gridmesh Plan (Section)" in drawing "098-M-00007", I can only see the option to use the other named views, but not the one I need.

Is there a restriction from using a sectioned named view in a drawing? Or maybe is there another way to import that named view?

Comments

• Options
    lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    Currently named views with sections or perspective views will not work. We will address this sometime in the future. 
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • Options
    nicholas_withamnicholas_witham Member Posts: 13
    ok, thanks for the response.....i'll stop trying to figure it out now.