Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Featurescript Development Workflow

eric_vebereric_veber Member Posts: 5
I am familiar with programming in Python and C++. I am used to working in an environment where I can see error messages in a console. Am I missing something, or is this absent from Featurescript IDE? If it is, what is the expected featurscript development workflow? How do I test my code before using it in a part studio? I don't really see switching back and forth between feature studio and part studio as a great solution, but is that my only option? Surely, for developers at Onshape, there is a better way to do this. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Answers

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,308
    Hi @eric_veber - you can either have 2 windows open side-by-side, with code in one window and the part in another with the featurescript notices panel open, or you can use the monitoring option in the top right corner of the IDE - this will tell you if there are any errors, but it will not show you what the resultant geometry looks like which is why I prefer the first method.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • ilya_baranilya_baran Onshape Employees, Developers, HDM Posts: 1,173
    The above answer assumes you found the error console -- click the {✓} icon at the top bar.
    Ilya Baran \ VP, Architecture and FeatureScript \ Onshape Inc
  • eric_vebereric_veber Member Posts: 5
    Thanks guys. I appreciate it. I did not know about the error console, and I can see how the two window workflow makes sense.