Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Extrusion doesn't line up to sketch

ryan_stecklerryan_steckler Member Posts: 2
If you take a look at the attached image, the top gray line is a sketch (s1).  The bottom blue is the face of a part (p1).  p1 is an extrusion of s1, but you can see that when zooming in, they don't line up visually.  This causes a few different artifacts in my drawings, including floating lines on the faces of parts, etc.  They don't seem to cause any problems, but it's a little disconcerting.  Does this indicate a problem, or is it just a visual inconsistency that I can ignore?

Thanks!
Ryan

Answers

• Options
    jakeramsleyjakeramsley Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 657
    edited June 2015
    I'm assuming this is something circular or a spline that isn't matching up.  We have a radial tolerance on our faceting that doesn't always graphically line up the part correctly with the sketch.  It's just a graphical representation.
    Jake Ramsley

Director of Quality Engineering & Release Manager              onshape.com
  • Options
    ryan_stecklerryan_steckler Member Posts: 2
    I'm assuming this is something circular or a spline that isn't matching up.  We have a radial tolerance on our faceting that doesn't always graphically line up the part correctly with the sketch.  It's just a graphical representation.
    Good to know.  That makes me feel better :)