Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Improvements to Onshape - March 31st, 2020

2»

Comments

• don_williams909don_williams909 Member Posts: 138 PRO
    Onshape continues to add better features to their product.  These are nice updates! 
    Thanks!
  • Marc_MillerMarc_Miller Member Posts: 110 ✭✭✭
    Wow I just realized I put that "Isolate in Part Studio" improvement request in almost exactly 3 years ago.  That one was long in the making, but it will be much appreciated now!  Thank you Onshape team.
  • konstantin_shiriazdanovkonstantin_shiriazdanov Member Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wish Isolate worked with in-context bodies too, sometimes you need to reference some internal part of context but you can't because it is overlapped by another parts
  • alnisalnis Member, Developers Posts: 447 EDU
    @konstantin_shiriazdanov I agree it would be nice to use in context. In the meantime, there's always the option of creating another context with some parts hidden, but that adds a bit of complication.
    Student at University of Washington | Get in touch: contact@alnis.dev | My personal site: https://alnis.dev | Currently an Onshape intern: asmidchens@onshape.com
  • billyzelsnackbillyzelsnack Member Posts: 77 ✭✭
    Loving isolate in part studios. Using it regularly when doing projections and it is such a nicer workflow than hiding parts. I just discovered accidentally that escape will clear it which makes it even nicer.