Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Sheet Metal Edge Flange options

Any way I can get Onshape edge flange to behave like Solidworks?  I need the edge flange to have bend clearance outside of the part (see the Solidworks image) vs having "Inner" alignment which only pushes the bend outwards to the point where the inner edge of the bent material is aligned with the outside edge of the part.

Answers

• mlaflecheCADmlaflecheCAD Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 179
    edited April 2020
    @erik_tribelhorn074 a little known option is to apply a "move face" feature, to the thickness, to obtain a similar result as in your SolidWorks Image.  See this doc:  https://cad.onshape.com/documents/3a2c908f6884233b4a9a0516/w/cb4da45522aeed7f267cdd6d/e/63cdc54b07ca6d7b2a673bff

I would also encourage you submit a feedback ticket in the app if you would like this to be a standard option to have the entire bend on the outside of the applied edge.  Thanks!
    Regards,
    Mike LaFleche   @mlaflecheCAD
  • erik_tribelhorn074erik_tribelhorn074 Member Posts: 4 PRO
    Thank you.  When I do that, it seems to move the whole "cut out", not just the face.  However, when I move it about .24", it seems to fix it.  I just moved it .159, which is what it measured.  How do i determine how much it needs to be moved to turn out "clean"?

• Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    @erik_tribelhorn074

I think you just need to go back to your "Sheet metal model" feature and change the "Corner relief" option to "Simple".

If you like it as square for other corners, you can leave it as is, and use a "Corner relief" feature on this specific corner to change it to simple locally.  Then the above solution will work for you.
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team