Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Center of a square in iPadOS

mrlefebvre101mrlefebvre101 Member Posts: 10 EDU
Good afternoon,

I'm having my students model the VEX Robotics ClawBot in OnShape and all of my instruction has been on a computer, but I've been working with one student who only has access to an iPad and he can't get the center mate connector in a square to show up.  In the top picture, on my PC, I get a nice center mate connector option.  In the lower photo, on the iPad, I can't get that same connector.  Can someone offer a hint about how to get that center connector to show?

Thanks
Marc

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    jon_sorrellsjon_sorrells Onshape Employees Posts: 51
    Unfortunately those mate connector inferences are not yet available in the mobile apps.
    In the mean time, you can mate the corner or edge of your part to the corner or edge of the hole.
  • Options
    mrlefebvre101mrlefebvre101 Member Posts: 10 EDU
    @steve_shubin Thank you!  This worked.  I need to practice with it a bit, but it's a pretty efficient workaround.
  • Options
    steve_shubinsteve_shubin Member Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    @mrlefebvre101

It’s good to hear it worked

OK I edited this text below —

The initial focal point of the zoom is where I initially place my finger. The rate and amount of zoom is finger pressure related.

You can pan a bit while you’re zooming in if you move your finger left or right. You can also change the focal point while zooming in if you move your finger up or down. But if you apply too much finger pressure, it’s going to zoom in so fast that you aren’t going to be able to pan much at all

When you lift your finger away from the screen, it automatically zooms back out

As wordy as this above explanation is, if you just play with it for a while, you get the hang of it real fast