Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

How can I get help with Kirimoto? Worked a couple a few times now it won't let me slice. All very cl

How can I get help with Kirimoto? Worked a couple a few times but now it won't let me slice. Says no processes selected.
All very clunky.

Answers

• mcheli_academicmcheli_academic Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 10 EDU
    Hi Bruce,  can you post a screenshot of the model that won't slice?  What type of manufacturing are you trying to create a slice for?
  • bruce_sutherlandbruce_sutherland Member Posts: 5 EDU
    Thanks for responding mcheli_academic ,much appreciated.
    I just want to use the Kirimoto for my high school woodwork students.
    I've succeeded in generating g code from my Onshape models by exporting them to fusion 360 as Rhino or Parasolid files.
    It'll be a lot more convenient if my students can send me a g code file straight out of Kirimoto.
    They will be doing simple logos with text in them.
    I was able to generate about ten g codes using Kirimoto then it just quit playing ball. When I now attempt a slice and export there are just three or four commands in the document.
    In the g code files I first made the router motor wouldn't start but I was able to put the start spindle command in the g code document and that fixed it.

I'll see if I can sort an image of the type of thing I have been experimenting with.
    I created g code in Kirimoto for the one that I will show you but when I attempted to generate g code from the sale model later it just wouldn't work. Got various popups including 'no processes selected'.

I tried cancelling the Kirimoto in Onshape and reloading it but it just saved all my settings. Ditto when I set up an new Onshape account with a different username etc.
  • mcheli_academicmcheli_academic Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 10 EDU
    Hi @bruce_sutherland , Can you make your Onshape document public and post it or share it with me (mcheli@ptc.com)?  It's still unclear to me what might be troublesome about that part or that it would stop working after you've already done a few successfully.