Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Control hide and show body when comparing revisions

guy_rogelguy_rogel Member, User Group Leader Posts: 84 PRO
I want to compare 2 versions of the same part studio to check what parts have changed.
But i can not find the way to hide and show a specific body at both of the versions.
this makes comparing very hard
Am I missing anything ?

Best Answer

Answers

• lanalana Onshape Employees Posts: 692
    There is hide part capability in context menu :
  • guy_rogelguy_rogel Member, User Group Leader Posts: 84 PRO
    Thanks Lana
    But can you do it for both V2 and V1 . I was only able to hide and show bodies in V2 but could not do the same on V1.
    Is it possible ?
    Thanks. I will try that
  • Rickey_WangRickey_Wang Member Posts: 8 PRO
    edited May 2020
    I would like to suggest that https://cad.onshape.com/help/Content/compare.htm be updated to include a hint that part visibility functionality can be controlled in the context menu. It did not occur to me to look for the context menu, as I was trying to find the Part List like in a Part Studio.

• Kirkwood_HinesKirkwood_Hines Member Posts: 4 PRO
    I would trade the feature change list for a list of bodies to hide and show at this point.
  • S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,359 PRO
    Keep in mind you can always manually compare versions by opening up two windows with one version in each window. You'll be doing the feature/body comparison by eye or whatever tools or analysis helps you, but it's super helpful some times.
    sure , I do that all the time. But the compare tool is amazing. I find it very usefull
  • marshall_polandmarshall_poland Member Posts: 10 PRO
    If you move the slider above the model to the right, you'll see the bodies for V1, and be able to control their visibility in a similar way. With the slider in the middle, you'll be able to see the changes more easily, too.

I'm able to control part visibility for one version, but not both. In the below screenshot, the slider is moved all the way to one side and I've right-clicked a part from that version. The context menu does not allow me to hide the object.
    I encounter this pretty frequently, and it is a real pain in the butt. I agree the ideal solution would be a part list on the left with show/hide "eyeball," just like in the normal part studio view.