Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

i would like to create a pattern on a resolved model - grenade

dean_vaturidean_vaturi Member Posts: 9
Hi All,
i have created so far a version 1 of an airsoft grenade.
i am missing the lines that are coming from the top to the bottom(blue ones), I created the lines from right to left.
how can I do it in order to make it look like a real grenade? 

Answers

• Options
    Eric_GauthierEric_Gauthier Member Posts: 33 ✭✭
    There are many ways you could do that. I would go with a vertical sweep to create a groove and then use a circular pattern.
    Can you share the link to your document?
  • Options
    There are many ways you could do that. I would go with a vertical sweep to create a groove and then use a circular pattern.
    Your help is very appreciated, please help me with this i just get it right 
  • Options
    Take a look at this and you should understand how you can achieve what you want:
    https://cad.onshape.com/documents/54a403ce06a3be86e067dbbc/w/34c535a56e8a9efe82fd627c/e/5a510be0573afe1a32e03383
  • Options
    Take a look at this and you should understand how you can achieve what you want:
    https://cad.onshape.com/documents/54a403ce06a3be86e067dbbc/w/34c535a56e8a9efe82fd627c/e/5a510be0573afe1a32e03383
    IT is very nice but the problem is its not hollow (Shelled)
  • Options
    With a model like your grenade, it is best to produce the desired shape first and after that you shell your model. The vertical extrusion was creating openings in your shell so I had to remove it. You can create a new shell now,
  • Options
    With a model like your grenade, it is best to produce the desired shape first and after that you shell your model. The vertical extrusion was creating openings in your shell so I had to remove it. You can create a new shell now,
    When i am trying to create new shell at the end it says i cant do it
  • Options

• Options
    Try with a thickness of 0.1cm or even lower. If it works, it means you can't shell your part at 0.4cm. If even 0.01cm is not working contact Onshape support. I see you're in the mobile app, you can also try in a browser at 0.01cm to see if it could be a mobile app issue.
  • Options
    mahirmahir Member, Developers Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @dean_vaturi
    My best guess would be that the small external fillets are keeping the shell from working. OS can't handle the small radii going to zero as the surfaces are offset during a shell command. To fix this, add the shell prior to the fillet.