Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Excel spreadsheet

luca_di_rosaluca_di_rosa Member Posts: 5
Hi,
is it possible to attach Excel spreadesheets to a drawings?
Thanks
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• emagdalenaC2iemagdalenaC2i Member, Developers, Channel partner Posts: 858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can add any type of file to a document
    But you cannot read an excel file from the web browser.
    So maybe you want to try with a Google Docs Spreadsheet and the Addin Link Tab

If you want to add the excel file to a table in the drawing, then you can create a table and copy & paste each celd from Excel. 
    I think there are not and easy way to copy & paste all the table
    Un saludo,

Eduardo Magdalena                         C2i Change 2 improve                         ☑ ¿Por qué no organizamos una reunión online?  
                                                                         Partner de PTC - Onshape                                     Averigua a quién conocemos en común
  • luca_di_rosaluca_di_rosa Member Posts: 5
    Ok,  thanks
    Subscribed to Link Tab but how do I use it?

• john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    go to your google document, copy the URL then go back to your Onshape document.

click the + sign on the bottom left corner of the screen, navigate to link tab

Follow the instructions here:
    which basically says paste your URL here and click link

You may be asked to authenticate and give permission for Onshape and Google to connect.

By the way, this apparently dose not work with FireFox. So use Chrome or Edge

Thanks,
    I connected already link tab but something went wrong authorising to Onshape so It wasn’t showing right.

It’s working now,
    but how can I insert the google Sheet into my drawing?
    You mentioned about copying and pasting each cell for Excel,
    I thought it was possible insert the google sheet table straight away

Thanks

OK thanks,
    this is a huge limit on drawing creation!

Please implement this,
    optimum would be just copy and pasting my worksheets like other CAD do.
  • Alex_PittAlex_Pitt Member Posts: 46 PRO
    edited June 2023
    Hi, I've created a VBA script to export JSON from excel in the right format for Onshape. This is shared on another thread somewhere on the forum (I'm currently on my mobile so can easily find it)
  • MichaelPascoeMichaelPascoe Member Posts: 1,695 PRO

@Alex_Pitt, here is your post with the JSON exporter: https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/comment/92883#Comment_92883

Alternatively, Table - Custom Feature will let you take a CSV directly from an import which you can use in your drawing. Then if you update the imported file, the table will update.

Learn more about the Gospel of Christ  ( Here )

CADSharp  -  We make custom features and integrated Onshape apps!   cadsharp.com/featurescripts 💎
  • Alex_PittAlex_Pitt Member Posts: 46 PRO
    edited June 2023
    @MichalPascoe Nice Work! You've created a really comprehensive tool. Wish I'd found this earlier! Thanks very much for this, I'll add to my toolbar!  :smiley: (& thanks for adding my link!)