Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

BTEC Level three engineering (2010 Spec) Unit 17 Solid and Surface Modal

Ste_WilsonSte_Wilson Member Posts: 198 EDU
edited December 2018 in Educator Discussion
A short exercise which creates the same part using both techniques. 
https://cad.onshape.com/documents/c4beecf8b0667e99dda38486/w/5e1b8664a2f987e641d7f65d/e/fe55326887935609f3a8ac8f

Happy to attach a worksheet/ instructions word doc once I work out how...

Comments

• pete_kelley100pete_kelley100 Member Posts: 1 EDU
    Fantastic ides - Just moving across to Onshape for the lockdown - about to start the Unit 10 new spec - I'll share any resources I create
  • justin_36justin_36 Member Posts: 23 EDU
    Welcome @pete_kelley100 !
  • Ste_WilsonSte_Wilson Member Posts: 198 EDU
    @pete_kelley100
    Hi Pete, 
    Been running the Unit 10 for a couple of years now. Use reality server for the rendering section of learning outcome C
    Happy to share resources as they take so long to produce! 
    http://www.pearltrees.com/t/fe-btec-engineering-new-spec/computer-design-engineering/id22235688
  • Domenico_DDomenico_D Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 59 PRO
    @pete_kelley100
    Hi Pete, 
    Been running the Unit 10 for a couple of years now. Use reality server for the rendering section of learning outcome C
    Happy to share resources as they take so long to produce! 
    http://www.pearltrees.com/t/fe-btec-engineering-new-spec/computer-design-engineering/id22235688
    @stephen_wilson554 Thanks for sharing this resource with the community. It is great to see teachers using apps like reality server in classes with Onshape. How has using Onshape for BTEC Level three instead of legacy software been? I'm from the states and am not as familiar with BTEC courses, but would like to know if Onshape is successful in your classroom.

• Ste_WilsonSte_Wilson Member Posts: 198 EDU
    @Domenico_D
    It's been really good.  Students have appreciated being able to access it anywhere and that they don't have to worry about saving!
    I think the fundamentals are the same as any 3D package...Sketch/ 3d/Sketch 3d/ repeat...but I've found not having to deal with software installs etc a massive help.  All I need to do now is stop the college from continuing to have explorer as it's default browser :(
    The share option is good for submitting projects, and the tracking is good to see if it's all their work.