Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Changing imported dwg with locked titleblock

Barry_van_WijkBarry_van_Wijk Member Posts: 43 PRO
edited June 2020 in Community Support
Hello.

I have many  'old' DWG drawings which I use for information and small fast changes.
One off these smalle changes are modifying "descriptions" in the titleblock.  
However these titleblocks and templates are locked and when imported in onshape it is still locked.
I have searched and tried a lot, but cannot find the way to unlock the title block.
Please help?

Thank you!

Answers

• Barry_van_WijkBarry_van_Wijk Member Posts: 43 PRO
    Not all dwg's are locked.
    Some imported DWG files in OS are having full adjustment possibility's with black/white appearance 

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,308
    Hi @Barry_van_Wijk - by default, this is just a viewer, but it looks like you have the Kudo add-in (based on being able to see the command line bar at the bottom)? If you do have the add-in and you find functionality missing then please create a support ticket. If you do not have the add-in, you can open it as an Onshape Drawing by right-clicking the tab at the bottom and selecting "Create drawing of..." - hope this helps.

Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Barry_van_WijkBarry_van_Wijk Member Posts: 43 PRO
    Thank you for your help. 
    I have de KUDO ADD-in with full functionality, but cannot find the way to unlock the titleblock.

I tried your tip  "Onshape Drawing by right-clicking the tab at the bottom and selecting "Create drawing of..." 
    And it is helpfull. I can do the small changes I want and that is perfect!
    But still the titleblock is locked...

Are there other options?