Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

what is web gl?

jim_dornbergerjim_dornberger Member Posts: 1
I can not get Onshape to run. It says webgl needs enabled? How is this accomplished?

Best Answer

Answers

• cadmandocadmando Member Posts: 68 ✭✭
    Jim
    Have you got Adobe Flash Player installed, if not this may be your problem, I just did a Google search for web gl and this was the result:

WebGL (Web Graphics Library) is a JavaScript API for rendering interactive 3D computer graphics and 2D graphics within any compatible web browser without the use of plug-ins.

Yes I know Adobe Flash Player is a plug-in but it may help, if not try:

You may find the answer at:

https://get.webgl.org/

Graham

• 3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    There has been few stories where everything (hardware&browser) SHOULD be okay but still get the error message.. Don't know if these things have been solved..
    //rami
  • shashank_aaryashashank_aarya Member Posts: 265 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    I upgraded to Windows-7 since I found it's simple as compared to Windows 8.1 and 10. Windows 7 initially do not require to install additional graphics drivers to adjust the screen resolution as in windows XP. So, I was not aware about the Web GL error initially when I accessed Onshape through Google chrome. But when this error occurred, I checked with the information which said that I need to install the graphics drivers as per my laptop requirements. So, after installing them, Web GL error is not observed till now whenever I access Onshape. So, I think even if you are using Windows-8.1 or 10 it would be better to install all the necessary graphics drivers.