Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Lookup table creation workflow?

Evan_ReeseEvan_Reese Member Posts: 2,060 PRO
What's a good workflow to automate the creation of a lookup table without having to type each entry? In a thread I was unable to find again, I remember @kevin_o_toole_1 (I think)
mentioning it could be done in one's "language of choice", but I'm a neophyte with no language of choice. Can someone recommend a language and, maybe an IDE a beginner could use for this? Any rough overview of the workflow steps would also help a ton. Otherwise, I guess I can try hacking it together in a spreadsheet with lots of concatenate functions.
Evan Reese / Principal and Industrial Designer with Ovyl

Best Answer

Answers

• Evan_ReeseEvan_Reese Member Posts: 2,060 PRO
    Thanks @kevin_o_toole_1
    looking through that, it seems like that's not a rabbit hole I'm ready for, at least for this project. I am impatient about getting it to a usable place. I've just updated the table entries manually (194 of them!) with some thoughtful use of the find/replace tool. If detailed lookup tables become more a part of my life, I'll be digging into this. I appreciate you taking the time to find the link and give some pointers!
    Evan Reese / Principal and Industrial Designer with Ovyl