Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Wrong item number displayed on balloons

Hello !
New user here,

I try to create an exploded view with balloons on an assembly, but it looks like my balloons are only linking the "top level" item number.
I have a subassembly (1.1, 1.2, 1.3...) and the balloon only show "1" for all parts of the subassembly.

Same thing for the part number : If i select Table:Part number, it shows only the Top level number and when i select Part:Part number it works well.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Options
    lucas_antkowiaklucas_antkowiak Member Posts: 2
    Answer ✓
    UPDATE

For those who have this problem : I found that I used 2 times the BOM (2 sheets drawing with 2 BoM inserted)
    So the balloons follow the first BOM inserted which was TOP level structure.

You have to delete all BOMs and use only the one you want to link with your balloons, and 1 Bom is linked to all sheets of the drawing.

Answers

• Options
    lucas_antkowiaklucas_antkowiak Member Posts: 2
    Answer ✓
    UPDATE

For those who have this problem : I found that I used 2 times the BOM (2 sheets drawing with 2 BoM inserted)
    So the balloons follow the first BOM inserted which was TOP level structure.

You have to delete all BOMs and use only the one you want to link with your balloons, and 1 Bom is linked to all sheets of the drawing.

• Options
    john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,898 PRO
    edited July 2020
    You don't need to delete the second BOM.

Instead, you double click the view you are attaching your balloon, then on the very bottom of the dialogue box there will be a drop down list of every BOM in the drawing.

Select the one you need there

I have at least one BOM per sheet, it neeis to be more automatic on child views. I have an improvement request  floating around somewhere for this