Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Traceability for copied documents (Add Source Document's name and Author to Start point)

When a document is a copy, the Start point in "Versions & history" is the state of the original document at the moment of the copy.
It would be really useful for teachers to see where the original document came from. (Source Document's name and Author)

La simplicité est la sophistication suprême.
Léonard de Vinci
Tagged:

Comments

• francois_bouletfrancois_boulet Member Posts: 65 EDU

Traceability for copied documents

La simplicité est la sophistication suprême.
    Léonard de Vinci
  • lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    @francois_boulet I am assuming you are asking for this for documents that reside within a company or enterprise.  Today with EDU accounts they are not companies and teachers and student accounts are not linked.  At some point we will have a more complete EDU solution where teachers and students will be under one entity and then all the traceability is already there.
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • Evan_ReeseEvan_Reese Member Posts: 2,060 PRO
    I agree here. would be nice if even copies could be traced back to the original, and if somehow the original could be easy to search. This is usually to find the original featurescript for me. I see the value for teachers here too since there may be many students (even from different semesters) all producing similar-looking models and it would be nice to tell them apart.
    Evan Reese / Principal and Industrial Designer with Ovyl