Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

How to handle mouse-hover events using featurescript?

NathanielNathaniel Member Posts: 4

Is it possible to write custom-featurescript to handle mouse hovering events? Just like draft analysis display as shown below:

I'm working on custom feature that does some analysis and the idea is to display results in the viewer while user moves mouse on the face. 

Any idea would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Nathaniel

Answers

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
    Hi @nathaniel_jayavanth - it is not possible - FeatureScript is for creating geometry. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • NathanielNathaniel Member Posts: 4

Thank you for the quick response. Please find some more details below and let me know your feedback.

I forgot to add image in my previous query.
    I'm working on custom feature where require to display texts while hovering mouse over face.
    Just similar to draft analysis

Any idea? Is it possible or any work-around? Please let me know.

Appreciate your time.

Thanks,
    Nathaniel

edited August 2020
    NeilCooke said:
    Hi @nathaniel_jayavanth - it is not possible - FeatureScript is for creating geometry. 
    Draft analysis and mouse hover event is all server side code - FeatureScript is not able to do this.
     NeilCooke said:
    NeilCooke said:
    Draft analysis and mouse hover event is all server side code - FeatureScript is not able to do this.

OK. I hope we can expect this functionality in future.  

OK. I hope we can expect this functionality in future.  
    This is not technically possible using FeatureScript.
    OK. Noted. Thanks a lot.