Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Circular pattern on revolved object

uldemauldema Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
I have made a donut (yay!) using the Revolve function, now I want to give the donut extruded circles all around. I cannot sketch this because the Revolve takes the 2D and revolves it completely.
The Circular Pattern help is about a non Revolved object so that does not help me either.

What I understand from searching the forum is that I could use Face Pattern in the Circular Pattern but when I try to use that it only takes two arguments, the face to pattern and the axis, not what should be used as a pattern. I also cant extrude a single hole and then apply the pattern because it can't be in my sketch then it would be Revolved.

Then I thought maybe I can make Connectors all around and then make a separate sketch and extrusion of the hole and use the pattern of Mate Connectors to attach it to but that became a mess.

Tagged:

Comments

• uldemauldema Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
    So I created a sketch in a perpendicular? plane, extruded it and then used the circular pattern with Feature Pattern. I wonder if this is 'the way to go'

• bruce_williamsbruce_williams Member, Developers Posts: 842 PRO
    @uldema that is the most efficient way,  good you discovered! 
    www.accuratepattern.com