Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Standard notes and tables in drawings.

LKRENZLERLKRENZLER Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
We have a number if standard notes and tables we sometimes use (but not always).  Is there any way to include these in the drawing template or save/copy them from somewhere so we don't have to continually re-create them?  I haven't found an easy solution yet.  Thanks for any help.

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    PeteYodisPeteYodis Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 519
    edited September 2020
    @LKRENZLER I created a support ticket and will tie you to an improvement for a "block library" which will cover collections of drawing information that can be inserted and rely on our versioning mechanism for updates.

For today, users place standard notes on their drawing templates and then remove them on newly spawned drawings from the templates  - if they don't need them on that particular drawing.  

I would probably make sure to "Move to" those notes and tables onto the title block, as most are located next to title blocks on drawings and this will also ensure they move along with the title block on sheet size change operations.  

This is the best complete reference for constructing custom templates in Onshape:  Best Practices for Creating Native Onshape Drawing Templates - Onshape Learning Center
  • Options
    LKRENZLERLKRENZLER Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thanks Pete.