Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

How can I as an Admin in enterprise move docs from free onshape

I see that you need to be an Admin to do this, I just don't see how I can do this for my students who have created items in regular onshape.
Thanks

Best Answer

• Domenico_DDomenico_D Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 59 PRO
    Answer ✓
    On your "My Onshape" home page you should be able to right click on a document/folder you own and in the context menu should be "Transfer Ownership." To transfer from cad.onshape.com to your enterprise you need to be logged into cad.onshape.com with the same email that is an Admin in the enterprise. 

Clicking on this brings up a new menu. Select "Company" instead of Individual and choose your Enterprise. 

Answers

Hi @mark_schneider770

Students need to transfer ownership of the documents to an Admin first. Then the Admin can transfer the ownership to the enterprise. Once the documents are in the enterprise they will need to be shared back to the student.

You can do this with folders as well. So the students can put all their documents in a folder and then transfer ownership of the folder to the Admin.

• mark_schneider770mark_schneider770 Member Posts: 9 EDU
    I understand that is possible, but how do I transfer the document to enterprise? I am the Admin, I just don't see how to do it. 
    Thanks
    Answer ✓
    On your "My Onshape" home page you should be able to right click on a document/folder you own and in the context menu should be "Transfer Ownership." To transfer from cad.onshape.com to your enterprise you need to be logged into cad.onshape.com with the same email that is an Admin in the enterprise. 

Clicking on this brings up a new menu. Select "Company" instead of Individual and choose your Enterprise.